Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

Re: [Fluxx] MP horrid combos

  • FromJody Chandler <windblownhermit@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateSun, 28 Dec 2008 11:33:57 -0800 (PST)
It could be argued that since the "last card" (third card) is called the "last card" owing to it's literally being the only card left from the draw x play 2 action, that the other two have to be discarded in order for the third card to even be called the "last card"

--- On Thu, 12/25/08, Andrew Barton <andrew.157barton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
From: Andrew Barton <andrew.157barton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Fluxx] MP horrid combos
To: fluxx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thursday, December 25, 2008, 7:59 PM

Two awkward combinations of cards from the MP deck came up in our post-Xmas
dinner game.

(1) 'Outrageous Accent' and 'I want to Sing!' - you can either
rule that singing is not the same as speaking, or cope with players singing with
outrageous accents. Either makes my brain hurt.

(2) 'One, Two, Five!' breaks the wording of 'Draw 3, play 2 of
them'. You draw 5 cards, play 2 of them, discard the last card ... and what
happens to the other two?

Andrew