Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

Re: [Fluxx] MP horrid combos

  • Fromberney.pellett@xxxxxxxxx
  • DateFri, 26 Dec 2008 17:00:20 +0000
The next logical step of your argument would be that every time the numeral 1 appears, the next word should have "-(s)" appended because of Inflation. After all, "Play 2 card per turn" is the strict interpretation of the effect of Inflation on Play 1.

-----Original Message-----
From: Alan Anderson <aranders@xxxxxxxxxx>

Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2008 11:45:22
To: Fluxx Discussion List<fluxx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Fluxx] MP horrid combos

On Dec 26, 2008, at 11:18 AM, Nimrod Jones wrote:

>  Here, it's important to play the spirit of the card and not worry
> about the strict wording.

While I agree with the specific interpretation of the card's intent
in this case, I do not agree with the advice to "not worry about the
strict wording".  The idea ought to be that what's written on the
cards is all you need to know.  The "Draw 3, play 2 of them" text is
broken when "One, Two, Five!" is in effect, and something more should
be done about it than shrugging and saying "Well, you know what it
means."

If (when?) I get a deck with "One, Two, Five!" in it, I'll be marking
up the "Draw 3, play 2 of them" card to end with something like
"...discard what you did not play."