Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

[Fluxx] New creepy member

  • FromJosh Bailey <jbailey86@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 12 Jul 2010 14:01:13 -0400
Hello all,

I've recently gotten interested in playing Fluxx and have gotten many others hooked as well.  I'm now starting to get ideas for types of cards and mechanics that I think would be fun to play with so I found my way to this list.  I'm a soon-to-be graduate engineering student based in Atlanta and I have always loved gaming, especially card games.

I really like Creepers (hence the subject line), so I've thought of a few cards that focus on them a bit more.  I tried to find similar cards in the Wiki, but let me know if I overlooked previously suggested cards that are nearly identical.  (I'm already aware of the suggested Vampire card, though mine works slightly differently)  I don't have Zombie Fluxx but I bet something similar to these may exist.

The Rule Breaker (Creeper)
You cannot win the game while this card is in front of you, unless the goal states otherwise. At the start of your turn, you may choose one New Rule to ignore for the remainder of your turn. Whenever another player plays a creeper, pass this card to that player.

Werewolf (Creeper)
You cannot win the game while this card is in front of you, unless the goal states otherwise. If the Moon is on the table, this card does not prevent you from winning and at the start of your turn, choose one player to randomly discard a card from in front of them (a Keeper or a Creeper).

Vampire (Creeper)
You cannot win the game while this card is in front of you, unless the goal states otherwise. At the start of your turn, you may take a Creeper from in front of another player and put it in front of you. If the Sun is on the table, discard this card. This card cannot be discarded by Death.

Bomb (Keeper)
You may discard this card from in front of you and choose another Keeper or Creeper in front of you to discard.

The Mad Bomber (Goal)
The player with the Bomb and The Rule Breaker in front of them wins.

Jeepers Creepers (Goal)
If one or more players have at least 3 Creepers in front of them, the player with the most Creepers wins.  In the event of a tie, no one wins.

Also I thought about a social networking theme, and once I had the idea for the Twitter card it amused me too much to not try and include:

Facebook (Keeper)
Whenever another player draws a card, they must reveal it to every other player.

Twitter (Keeper)
Whenever you draw a card, you must reveal it to every other player.

Social Networking (Goal)
The player with Facebook and Twitter on the table wins.

Those are what I consider my best ideas so far, or at least the most thematically consistent.  Does anyone have any suggestions on the best ways to playtest new cards without committing them to Blanxx?  Do you just use pre-existing Fluxx cards and stipulate that they're going to function as one of these new cards?