Looney Labs Geeks Mailing list Archive

Re: [Geeks] [Icehouse] Big wiki change

  • FromS Myers <iamthecheeze@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 25 Mar 2011 09:51:36 -0400
On Mar 24, 2011, at 11:24 PM, Karl von Laudermann wrote:
>> On Mar 24, 2011, at 2:08 PM, Elliott C. Evans wrote:
>> 1) Im concerned that other forums I frequent have already started
>> to stagnate and see diminished use. Discussion forums seem to have
>> been an aughties thing. What's next?
> Fads come and go, and sometimes what's old is new again. I'm holding out
> for Usenet to make a comeback. Or perhaps Gopher.

I still host a telnet-based mud-like-thing on my home server.  I gotta
say, it's a lot easier to run older software these days.  The old
difficulty of holding 5megs in a student account on campus is such a
non-issue now, ya know?  Getting other people to join you in these
revitalized spaces, and explaining to people how to use a terminal
emulator, and convincing people to type in commands ... that can be a
little more tricky  =)

I'm sorry, we've gotten off subject haven't we.  I apologize.  I'm
posting this to the "geeks" list.  wheee!

Cheers!
--Scott

--
A pizza with the radius 'z' and thickness 'a'
has the volume pi*z*z*a.