[Icehouse] Re: Re[2]: ICE: Small idea - realizable?

  • FromCarlton Noles <carlton.noles@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 17 Jun 2005 08:52:09 -0400
I had actually considered a card game where the elements were on the cards and you could create molecules based on the available bonding electrons.

On 6/16/05, Maik Schmidt <eochaid@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Maik, sounds like a great game.
> I suggest poker chips for energy, each player starting with a set amount.

Hey, that's a good idea!

> You can trade energy for molecules with other players.

As for player interaction I thougt of:

- Trade energy for ready-to-go molecules or atoms, vice versa
- "steal" other players atoms by perhaps doing a reaction. Like your
acid H-CL against his natrium hydroxyd into water and salt and energy.
You get two parts, the other player one part?

> A set of cards with chemicals on it would do well for what you are trying
> to build.

"The buddies from hygenic department want to have a big party. Deliver
them with some alcohol (C2H5OH)"

"The colony commander surely needs a bath. Make him some water
(3xH20)"... such cards?

> Maybe a hat or bag to reach in and randomly draw out the pyramids.

I thought of colored dices. You draw a dice, thus getting the type of
ressource you're harvesting and then roling it for the amount. 1 and 2
means 1 atom, etc.

You could draw an amount of dices like the number of players and
decide first which one you want to have -> more deterministic than
just drawing the pyramids.

Sincerely,
Maik Schmidt