RE: [Icehouse] Origami Icehouse

  • From"John Francis" <whooshtn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 25 Nov 2005 04:15:50 -0600
I rarely ever post in the lists I belong to, but I am an avid origami
practitioner, if that is the way to say it.  I would be very interested in
the drawing, and honestly I'm not sure what you mean exactly by "pure", but
I am interested in it anyway!  I only just recently (dragoncon) got
interested in these pyramid games, and I'd love to try some of the games
that require massive numbers of pyramids without having to actually buy the
plastic ones just to try it.  This would be a wonderful thing to do.  Please
do send the instructions, if not to the list, send them to me directly
(whooshtn@xxxxxxxxx).

Thanks a lot!!

John

-----Original Message-----
From: icehouse-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:icehouse-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
kerry_and_ryan@xxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2005 1:50 PM
To: icehouse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Icehouse] Origami Icehouse

I've finally re-figured out Bill Adams's stackable origami Icehouse pyramid
design.  I've even made an improvement or two on it.  I tried contacting
Bill via email a couple times and I've never gotten any response.  Similar
requests on this have gone unanswered, so I assume he's not contactable
and/or interested any more.

Those of you that want to see this design, would you rather get "pure"
origami instructions or see a printable folding diagram?  I already have a
diagram drawn up in a Word doc file.  In fact, three copies of the diagram
sized to make a large, a medium and a small all fit on one 8.5 x 11" page.
You can fold it so that the printed lines all end up on the inside of the
pyramid.  Or you can modify the diagram by coloring in the four triangles
that end up being the pyramid faces and then fold the whole thing insideout
(i.e. swapping mountain and valley folds).

Let me know what's best for you all.

Ryan