[Icehouse] Choosing games for beginners

  • FromBrian Campbell <lambda@xxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 9 Dec 2005 14:28:12 -0500
I've been noticing a lot of people on BoargGameGeek.com asking questions about what Icehouse games they should try first. Since there wasn't any good existing list breaking Icehouse games down into categories and listing the best examples of the various categories, I've decided to create one on the IcehouseGames.org wiki. I haven't played every Icehouse game out there, though, or even all of the ones in PwP, so I'd appreciate if other people could add their input. Try not to add every game that fits each category, though. I'm interested mostly in the best and most popular, since those are likely to be the ones that will hook a new player on Icehouse, and that they'll be able to find people to play with.

http://icehousegames.org/wiki/?title=Choosing_games

Also, this is a general plug for the IcehouseGames.org wiki. There was a good deal of activity on it when it started up, but it has tailed off to some degree. I've tried to facilitate people who want to get back in and help out, as well as adding new directions the wiki can go in to broaden the interest. I've started adding some strategy articles, which could be really helpful for new players. It would be great if people could flesh out some of the strategy tips that are there, or add strategy articles on games that don't have them. I've also updated the to-do list so people who are interested in helping out can find out what needs to be done. If you're browsing the site, and notice something that needs to be done but don't have the time to do it yourself, feel free to add it to the to-do list. If you do have time to edit, but don't know what to do, check out the to- do list for starting points.

http://icehousegames.org/wiki/?title=IcehouseOrg:To-do_list

Thanks, and have fun playing,
Brian