Re: [Icehouse] Treehouse Notes

  • FromRoger Burton West <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateSun, 22 Jan 2006 21:08:06 +0000
I tried Treehouse this morning with an inexperienced pyramid player and
we found some bugs... largely I agree with Jake, so I'm replying to his
post.

On Sun, Jan 22, 2006 at 02:33:16AM -0800, Jake Eakle wrote:

>My one other addition, if it fits, would be to mention that pieces can only
>ever face left, up, or right. Saying this here solves some problems later.

My revised text for this section:

Each player gets a trio of pieces. They are set up like this:

(Tree diagram)

(Box) This is a Tree.

One more trio goes in the centre of the table, like this:

(House diagram)

(Box) This is the House.

Each trio occupies its own line of 1-3 spaces; all lines are parallel.
Pieces can be upright, or point left or right along the line.

Pieces which aren't upright don't stack.

You can jump one piece over another, or place a piece between two
others. Move them as needed, and close up all gaps in the line after
each turn.

(then have the GOAL box and so on as before.)

>TIP

>New: The picture seems to imply that you can't knock over three-piece
>stacks. Not sure how to fix this, but I think it's a problem.

Agreed; a three-stack picture would be too small. And of course you can
get nests as well as trees. I like Jake's new text:

>Suggested text: "Knock over any tower or upright piece. All pieces knocked
>over this way must face the same direction."

>DIG:
>Notes: By far the most confusing.

Concur. This is my summation:

Turn any sideways piece upright. Then put it anywhere along the line in
the direction it was pointing: either next to other pieces, or under any
tower or single piece (which gets turned upright if it wasn't already).

>AIM
>Notes:
>Again, pretty much fine. The picture *might* make someone think you can't do
>it to left-pointing things, but I really doubt it. I would change "forwards"
>and "backwards" to "left" and "right", though.

Agreed. Consistency of terminology will make life much easier.

Roger