Re: [Icehouse] Xeno vs. Rainbow

  • FromChristopher Van Lenten <cvanlenten@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 25 Jan 2006 12:27:28 -0500
Either way, the black/white pieces are going to be a bit of a visual
disconnect. Not only are said colors really just the absence/inclusion
of all color, but they're also the only opaque pieces. In a set with
trans[parent/lucent] pieces, these are going to stick out.

I honestly can't picture any consumer saying "Well... I -was- going to
buy this Xeno Treehouse set, but the color white doesn't remind me of
space at all! Forget it! I'm going to go buy a game by some
competitor!"

In addition to the valid points of compatibility with existing games,
I agree with the contention that "xeno" means strange, and white fits
that theme far better than black does.

Some times we fanboys and fangirls like to make a lot of noise about
an things that don't make a lick of difference. Clarifying the rules
while still keeping them on the side of the stash is useful discussion
and in fact very necessary at this stage. Telling Andy that you think
white is a prettier color than black... not so much.

Wow, rereading this email, I come across as much more of a jerk than I
meant to sound. Um, I didn't mean it like that.

All colors are created equal,
~CVL