[Icehouse] Treehouse rules v3

  • FromMarc Hartstein <marc.hartstein@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 27 Jan 2006 12:29:27 -0500
I see the third version of the rules is up.  It looks a lot better to
me, although at this point I pretty much know what's going on.  Here are
a couple of questions/suggestions for clarification:

It seems you may now only pass if you cannot perform the action on your
own trio.  Is this intended?  We had quite a few times in our first game
when a player was able to make a move but wanted to pass to avoid making
their position worse.

SWAP: I'm a little unclear on "if it must".  Does that mean that if you
have a lying down L pointing at an S stacked on top of an M and choose
to SWAP the S and the L, the L reorients to be upright stacked on the M
(it *must* reorient to be legal), but the S ends up upright next to them
(this being a legal positions)?  I had read the prior rules to suggest
that each swapped piece reorients to face in the direction the other had
be facing...if I was wrong, this is clearer, though still slightly
vague.

DIG: I think you don't have to put the DIGging piece under another piece
(otherwise it couldn't stand up in place), and that it can end up under
more than one piece (two stacked pieces).  Is there room for "Turn a
sideways piece upright (in place, or along the direction pointed).  It
may go underneath any piece(s) chosen (uprighting it, too)."?