[Icehouse] Treehouse v3 comments

  • FromDoug Orleans <dougorleans@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 27 Jan 2006 20:21:09 -0500
I'm still confused about "forward" and "backward".  Does this mean
that trios are not like Zendo koans and their absolute orientation
matters?  For example, if my first roll is TIP, do I have two choices
(forwards and backwards), or is there no choice because the resulting
configurations are considered the same?

The very first time I read the HOP rule, I briefly thought that "jumps
up" meant that this was a dexterity game and you were supposed to flick
the piece into the air and see where it landed.  It might be worth
finding a better way to word this.  Maybe just: "Move a top upright
piece to any spot in the line."  (This would also make all six actions
start with a verb.)

--dougorleans@xxxxxxxxx