Re: [Icehouse] Made in the USA?

  • FromChris Kice <me@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateSat, 28 Jan 2006 22:17:53 -0600
I am so torn on this issue. On one hand, I want Looney Labs to be competitive and thrive because I love their games. That means going to China to get products made (as do most of the other game companies I purchase from) to get a price that works well in the marketplace and means that Icehouse will be around for a long, long time. It sounds like there is no way to get these produced in a U.S. without making huge sacrifices to quality and profit.

On the other hand, I know what it means to have something manufactured in China and the "deal with the devil" that has to be made to take advantage of the low prices. I do respect the Looney's stance and can't stand the thought of kids working 16 hour days packing pyramids into tubes.

The gamer side of me says "go for it" since I, as a consumer, don't discriminate between things made in the U.S. and those created in other countries, especially in China. (So many of the games I own were produced in China or India...) The idealist in me wants to hug the planet.

In the long run, though, ideals don't mean much if you can't bring your product to market.

Chris