Re: [Icehouse] de-burr-ing new pieces

  • FromKristin Looney <customer-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateSat, 08 Apr 2006 15:19:25 -0400
--On April 8, 2006  Mark Lentczner <markl@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I just got a my first set of plastic Ice house pieces (five sets of
Xeno-Tree House).  Many of the pieces have rough burrs and edges  along
the bottom edges, especially spot where plastic flowed into the  mold
(there's some name for this point that I just can't remember).   Some
have burrs are big enough that the peices wobble when lying flat  on
their sides.

Sorry.  I saw this myself on a Treehouse set I opened recently.  :(

We have seen very little of this on previous runs... so it looks like the folks at KLON were not as careful as they have been in the past when they cut the pieces off the sprus on this last run of pyramids. Bummer.

I will bring this to their attention and make sure we watch it more closely on the next print run. Very sorry that you need to sand your pyramids a bit to make them perfect!

I'd like to remove these burrs and I assume I can just use a little
sandpaper.  BUT, I'm a little cautious and don't want to hurt the
otherwise lovely translucent surface.  Has anyone done this?  Any hints?

I'm going to let other people answer this...
I have no real experience with doing this myself.

Thanks for playing with pyramids!

-Kristin (of the Looney variety)