Re: [Icehouse] Giant Pyramid Dimensions

  • FromTheLoneGoldfish <thelonegoldfish@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 20 Nov 2006 17:22:34 -0600
Well, having the better sense to actually read through the thread before running around the house with big knives and scissors... Yeah, getting cardboard cut with box folds across the surface (I can't get 2 pyramid sides on a single side of the box) is probably a bad idea (especially making at least 5 that way).

> If you do a little research (I recommend Make magazine - Eeyore's been
> in it!) and think laterally, you can probably tinker up a solution for
> making giant pieces that's even better than the cardboard kits. It's
> worth it. Create the next generation.

Next gen ideas though:
* Make them like kites. Get a skeletal structure (possibly thin pvc) and stretch fabric over them. (though that may not work well for stacking, and I don't know how you'd get the sides of the pyramid to fit into the base)

*well, next gen idea is more like it.

-Evan (off to play a headless mutant and then work)