[Icehouse] Alternate Volcano Setups

  • FromTheLoneGoldfish <thelonegoldfish@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 30 Nov 2006 15:45:07 -0600
So over the short time I've been playing volcano, I've noticed that in the standard setup, the colors just to the left and right of the line crossing the center are rarely taken... I guess this could be intentional to let the game go a little longer, but their position makes them significantly less attractive than the middle row and edges.

So I was thinking of some other setups, and while I've come up with a whole bunch of pretty and geometrically satisfying variants, I think I've found one that should make for an interesting and possibly more balanced game...

I've attached the image of the concept (it's only 12k), basically, each color is placed in such a way as to be unable to land on itself 2 spaces one direction, turn right, one more space.

I don't know how it will play, but I think it will solve the color equity problem...

-Evan