Re: [Icehouse] Ikkozendo - Single-Stash Zendo

  • From"James Hazelton" <jameshazelton@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 20 Dec 2006 13:47:20 -0600
I like "Komakai Zendo" as well.  However, if you're going the One route, there are some finer points.  Japanese counting is really complicated, and you use different words depending on the shape and nature of the object counted (similar to how in English you have to say "one sheet of paper", instead of just "one paper").  For this reason, Ipponzendo would be more accurate, because it references the cylindrical shape of the tube.  Using "ikko" would imply playing Zendo with only one pyramid.

Even so, I think Komakai Zendo has a better ring to it than anything else so far.  I could definitely see myself answering "Komakai Zendo!" to the inevitable question, "What do we play next?"

細かい禅道