Re: [Icehouse] The name is here

  • FromJoseph Pate <jpate@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 10 Jan 2007 17:36:59 -0800 (PST)
I'd like to chime in -- I haven't spent much time on the Wiki so far,
but there would definitely be value in having a dedicated section for
kids games.  Obviously, age ranges are subjective (since kids'
intelligence levels vary widely, just as their sizes do), but it's a
Wiki after all, and that will sort itself out.

I'll work on it myself if/when I get the chance, since my 3.5-year-old
son already likes Treehouse, and I intend to figure out which other
Pyramid games I can [likely] play with him, when I get a chance.

Kimberly, as others may have already told you by the time you read this,
Wikis are extremely easy to use... usually you just need to register
for an account (so that you have authorization to Edit existing pages
and/or create new ones), then you go for it.  Many wikis also have a
verbose tag...

  <verbose> blablabla plain text here blablabla </verbose>

...so you don't have to learn HTML or the wiki's own markup language.

So far my own experience is just with TWiki, but since they're designed
to be easy (to foster collaboration), I would be surprised if it's not
the case for most other wikis as well.

-Ankhst

{My little friend has come up with a name......From the minds of a 4 yr... He
 was thinking Tower Mid Match --which was cool... but decided he wants to
 just call it Match Up. I think I'll add a little decor to the name and call
 it Martian Match Up. So, that's the name of our game for PreSchoolers. How
 do I do a wiki? That is if you really want a little kid game there....

 --Kimberly}