[Icehouse] Ikkozendo updated on the Wiki, to accomodate color-based rules

  • DateThu, 11 Jan 2007 14:24:54 -0700
Christopher Hickman write:
> And really, in a game that is meant to be a simpler and faster version of Zendo,
> doesn't the loss of one variable aid in that goal, while having only three pieces
> of any given color (when playing with a Treehouse set) to work with would make
> color-based rules even *more* difficult.
>
> In short, I think this game would play better with a monochrome stash.

OK, having finally played Ikkozendo with a Treehouse stash (bought one
last night
from my FLGS), I discovered that, yes there is a *slight* issue with
rules that
mention color. I tried the rule "has an orange medium pointing at a
blue" just to
try to a "worst case scenrio" of this potential objection... and it went
fine, once
I had another insight. I have updated the Wiki to reflect that insight,
but to
summarize here:

The Master is permitted to adjust *one or both* of the two koans, to
disprove a
Student's guess. (I also go on to explicitly mention that rules about
color can
force such a double adjustment.)

Give it a read and tell me if I have missed anything obvious; or provide
some
feedback on your play, in the Talk area for that article:
http://icehousegames.org/wiki/?title=Ikkozendo

In conclusion, no, I don't agree; it's a GREAT game with a normal
Treehouse stash;
one just has to think a bit more about how to disprove, when folks start
to narrow
in on the rule and you're having to work with only three pieces of a
given color.

Thanks for the feedback, though!
David Artman