Re: [Icehouse] Hi, and a question regarding Martian Mud Wrestling

  • From"Todd Elliott" <toddbert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 15 Feb 2007 12:54:46 -0800
Hmm. This means that if you only have one movable piece, you
lose. That moves the bar significantly. On the other hand, it
might force you to move pieces that you *can*, but don't *want*
to move, which I think is good for this game.

Funnily enough, we didn't think of that at all. We only tried it for a
few games, and the "can, but don't want" situation occured, which
meant that the game didn't get to a point where there was only one
moveable piece (someone would end up with their pieces immobilized,
and/or sunk as a result of a forced move). We'll give it a few more
games, and see how often/when that occurs. Perhaps the rule could be
further modified so that 'one piece' means it can always be moved.

We enjoy the mechanics and strategy of the game a great deal; so it's
a 'problem' we'll probably work on 'solving' a bit more-- though we
both enjoy playing games, we're new to the theory/playtesting end of
things, so what seems like a good idea could be a big old misstep.
I'll keep you (and the list) posted.

Todd
--
http://www.cntr-band.com/index.htm