[Icehouse] Pikemen / Martian Chess Openings

  • From"Avri Klemer" <avri@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 16 Feb 2007 16:05:50 -0500
Hi, there.  Avri here.

Can anyone point me in the right diection for deeper strategies, specifically openings, for the above games beyond what can be found in PwP or on BGG? It seems to me for both games, much as in Chess, the next step to improving your game (after playing a number of friendly games) is to study various openings and their pros and cons.

I'm playing both as often as possible at SDG, screenname nycavri, and will be happy to accept challenges, especially if you want to talk about moves as they are played.

I am greatly enjoying the Icehouse community - I only discovered the games/pieces back in December, but they seem to be dominating most of my waking thoughts. If anyone will be at the ComicCon in New York next weekend, let me know - I'll be there all three days, and am happy to arrange to meet for a game or 3.

Thanks in advance for your help.