Re: [Icehouse] Pikemen / Martian Chess Openings

  • FromAaron Dalton <aaron@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 16 Feb 2007 15:20:32 -0700
Avri Klemer wrote:
> Hi, there.  Avri here.
>
> Can anyone point me in the right diection for deeper strategies,
> specifically openings, for the above games beyond what can be found in
> PwP or on BGG?  It seems to me for both games, much as in Chess, the
> next step to improving your game (after playing a number of friendly
> games) is to study various openings and their pros and cons.
>
> I'm playing both as often as possible at SDG, screenname nycavri, and
> will be happy to accept challenges, especially if you want to talk about
> moves as they are played.
>
> I am greatly enjoying the Icehouse community - I only discovered the
> games/pieces back in December, but they seem to be dominating most of my
> waking thoughts.  If anyone will be at the ComicCon in New York next
> weekend, let me know - I'll be there all three days, and am happy to
> arrange to meet for a game or 3.

I'm not sure if you are aware of the SDG Archives
(http://superdupergames.org/main.html?page=listoldgames).  It will allow
you to step through each game and see what works and what doesn't
(MChess: 238 games since 14 Oct 2005, Pikemen: 118 games since 16 Sep
2005).  If you discover anything of general usefulness, feel free to
post on the wiki (http://wiki.superdupergames.org).

--
Aaron Dalton       |   Super Duper Games
aaron@xxxxxxxxxx   |   http://superdupergames.org