Re: [Icehouse] Lamer on the Wiki

  • From"Melissa Parish" <beautifulfool@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 2 Mar 2007 12:27:00 -0600
I went ahead and fixed it.  No need to rollback, just need to edit a prior version of the page (using the history) and save it over the current junk.  Hopefully I got the most recent non-vandalized version.

~ Melissa

On 3/2/07, Tom Phoenix <rb+wunderland@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 3/2/07, David Artman <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Folks, if one of you has roll back power on the Icehouse.org
>  Wiki, now's the time:

Why don't you do it yourself?

> Hmmm... if it's a bot, I wonder if changing the "Main Page"
>  base URL would make it "miss" trying to edit the page with
>  scripting...?

The site already requires a sign-up and password log-in. If somebody
has gone to the trouble of making a bot that can log in and vandalize
a page, wouldn't they be easily able to update their code to attack a
different page? There is no simple way to reliably block spam.

Cheers!

--Tom Phoenix