Re: [Icehouse] Non-standard piece sizes

  • From"Carol Townsend" <rabbit-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 5 Mar 2007 18:45:35 -0600

On 3/5/07, Christopher Hickman <tophu@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mar 5, 2007, at 7:13 PM, Laurie J. Rich wrote:

Instead of dots, cut dashes.  They're minus signs, then,  and if

they're cut nicely and stacked instead of in a row, they'll be very

different looking and nicely intuitive.

Smaller than -1 would be hard to distinguish without a microscope...

Anything smaller than a -1 would be impossible to measure.

Taking the formula: Height = (12x + 20)/32 inches     Width = (7x+11)/32 inches

...then for any X = (-2) or smaller, you'd have a negative measurement.

Height = [ (12)(-2) + 20 ] / 32
 [ (-24) + 20 ] / 32
 (-4)/32 inches

= ( - 0.125) inches.

Sorry... can't happen in the real world.

And besides... I absolutely refuse to fire up my electron microscope JUST to be able to play with my Negative Giant Pyramids....

:)

Carol
 - she who has made Giant Martian Coasters to go along with a Giant Treehouse set for Origins...