RE: [Icehouse] Attn. Kristin, How much is a lot, anyway?

  • FromJoshua Kronengold <mneme@xxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 9 Mar 2007 16:33:35 -0600
Christopher Hickman writes:
>returns from the toll on the bridge.  I wonder, if Looney Labs would
>consider selling bonds to folks who believe in their products (e.g. us) in
>order to fund the fab of new molds,

They do this, more or less -- it's called the investor program (and
involves somewhat less risk -- and less variation in return -- than
what you describe):

http://www.looneylabs.com/OurCompany/Investors.html

I'm not sure what the current status of the program is (the page
hasn't been updated since 2004), but yes, LL has a history of
accepting personal loans from their fans, backed by their product and
their word, giving a quite reasonable 8% interest rate.

--
       Joshua Kronengold (mneme@(io.com, labcats.org)) |\      _,,,--,,_  ,)
--^--   "Did you know, if you increment enough, you   /,`.-'`'   -,  ;-;;'