Re: [Icehouse] Single-Stash Games Designers Wanted

  • From"Carlton Noles" <carlton.noles@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateSat, 31 Mar 2007 07:50:35 -0500

On 3/30/07, David Artman <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

In all likelihood, the whole book will be released under the Creative
Commons (Attribution, Non-commercial, Share-Alike) v3.0 License:
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/

[Aside: I'll
admit that I still don't understand why they wouldn't carry it as
print-on-demand, for those who were willing to pay: it's basically free
money in the mail, for uploading a file to a POD provider like Lulu or
Avalon.]

For one thing the NC license means that is cannot be sold (and many of the individual games you are intending to include have thaty same license). The potential legal issues involved, likely wouldn't, but potentially could get messy. I believe there was mention of just such an issue somewhere in the past on this list.
--
Carlton "Kermit" Noles