Re: [Icehouse] Wki category pages

  • FromBrian Campbell <lambda@xxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 13 Apr 2007 14:24:32 -0400
On Apr 13, 2007, at 12:56 PM, Subhan Tindall wrote:

The functionality to categorize pages is built in to media wiki, it's
really a piece of cake.
Add these tags to your game:

[[Category:categoryname]]
where categoryname can be '1player', '2player', 'treehouse', whatever
you want, multiples are great.
The Wiki then automatically creates a page that will link to all the
pages with that category.
I'm sure a little finagling of include pages would provide a simple
list of all the game categories with the pages inside them.  I know
exactly how to do this on PMWiki, i'm not as familiar with mediawiki
though.

I've started categorizing the categories, which should provide some of what we need. I've put all of the 1-player, 2-player, etc. categories into [[Category:Number of players]], and am trying to do this with all of the other types of categories, too.

The ones I can think of are:
Equipment necessary (there's already a category for this)
Number of players
Number of sets or stashes (not sure what to call this, it's called "Sets or stashes required" for now, but this seems a little clumsy)
Game weight
Mechanics
Theme

Can anyone else think of any category groups that we might need? And if anyone can help out with creating these category groups, the categories within them, and sorting the games into these categories, I'd appreciate it. I'm doing some of it now, but it's a big job for one person.