Re: [Icehouse] New Wiki Page For All

  • From"Carol Townsend" <rabbit-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 17 Apr 2007 13:46:59 -0500

On 4/17/07, David Artman <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
OK, folks, in the spirit of DO rather than argue, I have made the
following page:
http://icehousegames.org/wiki/?title=What_Can_I_Play?

Sounds like a good page to me.  And you're right - the wiki is all about the Spirit of Do.

(total side-note: hmm... since Judo is "the Gentle (Ju) Way (do)" ... does that mean that when we practice the spirit of DO, or the Way of Do, we're practicing Dodo?)  (ok... we now return you to reality...)

I have also updated the Main Page to add a link tot he above page and to
explain the distinction between it and the Choosing Games page.
(I still think Choosing Games should be named Top Icehouse Games or
some-such, to emphasize the distinction between the all inclusive page
and the one with qualifiers--but it's not my page and in-links to
change.)

Linking is always good.  Let's make sure though that we don't get too cluttered.  Not saying we're there yet, but it's always a wiki-possibility.

If you've got a game on the wiki that's (mostly) out of playtesting,
please add it to the appropriate table(s) on the What Can I Play? page.
The remainder of that page sorts, explains, and lists several
significant Categories with which you should also be sure you've tagged
your game(s), as appropriate.

Question: does it have to be the creator of the game?  Not trying to confuse things, but if someone were to play a game and thought that game should be tagged or categorized, would this community have a problem if that person went and did such a thing?

One Request: Please think hard about which Number of Treehouse Sets
and/or Number of Icehouse Stashes table cell in which your game
belongs. Ideally (barring significant gameplay variants--refer to how
Martian Chess and Stacktors! are shown) you should be listing in ONE
cell: the one which is the minimum required number. For example:
* A game which requires one monochrome stash per player should appear in
FIVE Sets (with an "up to five players" notation) and in ONE Stashes
(with a PP annotation).
* A game which scales (like Martian Chess) should be listed at each
Stash/Set level which enables another player.
* A game which requires full stashes of (say) the four primary colors
(ex: Zendo) should appear in FIVE Sets and FOUR Stashes.

Make sense?
David

I really like how you put this same information on the Discussion page for that article.  Nicely done David!!

Which reminds me - I really like the way that various discussions are continuing on the wiki under the appropriate article.  That's something a wiki is good at.

Thanks for being such great Icehouse fans folks - y'all rock!

Carol
 - she who is extremely glad that the Icehouse community exists!!