Re: [Icehouse] Gnostica expansions inspired by a Zodiac game

  • FromDenis Moskowitz <dmm@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 1 May 2007 07:19:25 -0400 (EDT)
> They're in first-draft form, but feel pretty solid;
> http://icehousegames.org/wiki/index.php?title=Star_Wheel_Gnostica_Expansion
> Star Wheel introduces the 12-segment board with four elements that map
> to the four suits in a Tarot deck.

Looks interesting, but I have a magical nitpick.

You're mapping the colors to the suits, and the zodiac board is mapping
colors to the elements:

cups:green:earth, swords:red:fire, disks:blue:water, rods:yellow:air

I'd prefer to go with the traditional mapping between suits and
elements, as below - that way you're not penalizing or confusing players
who are familiar with them, and if your players later get into Tarot,
they'll have less to unlearn.

cups:blue:water, swords:yellow:air, disks:green:earth, rods:red:fire

--
Denis M Moskowitz            Jen feroca malbona kuniklo; rigardu liajn
dmm@xxxxxxxxxxx              sovagxajn vangharojn, kaj liajn ungojn kaj