[Icehouse] Gnostica expansions inspired by a Zodiac game

  • Frommadlab.rabbit.krishaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • DateMon, 30 Apr 2007 12:47:21 +0800
Hi All,

Gnostica has been somewhat of a runaway hit amongst local gaming circles
since I introduced it at a new monthly gaming gathering in March.  So
when I saw a Zodiac-based boardgame at a swapmeet on Sunday I was
immediately filled with ideas for Gnostica.

As such I now have a pair of expansions that use parts from "Star
Encounters", but can probably be hand made or cobbled together by anyone
interested.

They're in first-draft form, but feel pretty solid;

http://icehousegames.org/wiki/index.php?title=Star_Wheel_Gnostica_Expansion

http://icehousegames.org/wiki/index.php?title=Shard_Gnostica_Expansion

Star Wheel introduces the 12-segment board with four elements that map
to the four suits in a Tarot deck.

Shard adds the pretty plastic pieces from the set and an element of
defense to the game.

I've split them into separate expansions because Star Wheel just needs a
board and die no matter how many people are playing, while Shard needs a
small set of pieces per player (and for me that maxes out at four with
my version of Star Encounters).

Enjoy,

Chris (Krisjohn) Johnson.