Re: [Icehouse] SDG Broken?

  • FromAaron Dalton <aaron@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateSat, 14 Jul 2007 18:31:10 -0600
Ryan McGuire and Kerry Breitenbach wrote:
> Indeed.  I haven't been abel to get on in a day or two.
>
> As a matter of fact, I wonder if something I did is what broke it.  I
> had just submitted a koan for a mondo in game 8500 and was able to enter
> my own guess.  The page showing my guess appeared ok, but then I entered
> a chat message.  The resulting page showing my new chat didn't show up.
>

> Ryan
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Tom Phoenix" <rb+wunderland@xxxxxxxxxx>
> Cc: "Aaron Dalton" <aaron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [Icehouse] SDG Broken?
>

>> Does anybody know what's up (or down) at SuperDuperGames.org? The
>> webservers seem to have been offline for at least 24 hours.
>>
>> --Tom Phoenix

Sorry for the trouble.  The cluster currently hosts our mail servers too
(which will change eventually here) so I was unable to even see this
message until now.  Ross was gone for the week and sometime on the 12th
the cluster went offline.  Things are up now as Ross has returned.  We
are implementing some new hardware/software to make the network more
self-aware and to be able to fix itself when I am unable to reach it.
It's not anyone's "fault."  We're still in the auditing process to try
to figure out the actual sequence of events and what triggered it.  We
have lots of redundancy, so we're trying to figure out what actually
happened.

Anyway, sorry for the outage.  We're doing all we can to eliminate such
outages in the future.

--
Aaron Dalton       |   Super Duper Games
aaron@xxxxxxxxxx   |   http://superdupergames.org