Re: [Icehouse] Icehouse Rules video

  • From"Elliott C. Evans" <eeyore@xxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 17 Jul 2007 16:54:01 -0400
miyu wrote:
> As a complete side note.  Is there a youtube video or anything that
> would explain to me step by step how to play Icehouse?  Reading the
> posts about the tournament make it sound so cool but I have never
> understood the written directions.

Well, this is troubling to me, as I'm the person who wrote the version
of the rules that appears in "Playing with Pyramids". My 'script' for
the class is largely based on that text, so I'm curious what I need to
add or change in the text to clarify things. Have you learned any of
the other pyramid games from the book?

Timothy wrote:
Ooh.  Someone should video the Icehouse 101 and 201 classes next year,
and then they could splice in the slides that Eeyore had.  I would
offer to do it myself, but I don't have the skills or technology to do
so...

I have the skills and technology, but neither the time nor the resolve
to do so. It would be days of work to do a good job, and to post it to
YouTube I'd need to break it into ~10 minute chunks. I've been thinking
about doing this for years, but haven't yet sat down to do it. Actually,
I've been wanting to produce videos for Icehouse, IceTowers, Zendo…

--
Elliott C. "Eeyore" Evans
eeyore@xxxxxxxx