Re: [Icehouse] Icehouse Rules video

  • From"Elliott C. Evans" <eeyore@xxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 17 Jul 2007 17:41:44 -0400
Joshua Kronengold wrote:
I need to check in the book, but I do think that over-icing needs to
be clarified as previously discussed.  "if you could remove a piece
and have it still be iced" is too ambiguous.

Yes, that's ambiguous; yes, you need to check in the book.

PwP, p. 89:
> If so many attackers are pointing at a defender that some of them are
> extraneous, that defender is said to be “Over-Iced”.
>
> An attacking piece is extraneous if subtracting its value from the
> total value of the attacking pieces leaves a number that still exceeds
> the value of the defensive piece.

My apologies to class attendees if I was unclear when describing this
rule in the class. The hand-outs use the same text as the book. (I just
don't have it memorized verbatim. =^)

--
Elliott C. "Eeyore" Evans
eeyore@xxxxxxxx