Re: [Icehouse] Shotgunning

  • From"Elliott C. Evans" <eeyore@xxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 18 Jul 2007 21:32:54 -0400
Joseph Pate wrote:
As a not-yet-Icehouse player, I really appreciate all the strategy
detail you folks are disclosing. I can see clearly that Icehouse is a pretty complex game, and I will have a lot of work to do when I finally decide to figure out how to play.

Icehouse *is* a pretty complex game, but it's based on simple concepts
and you can start playing fairly quickly.

Keep in mind that most of the people providing information on strategy
are tournament-level players with years of experience. Believe me when
I say we didn't start out with all this in our heads. For instance, we
played Icehouse for seven years before Jacob even *developed* the
Shotgun strategy. The detail is useful, but not necessary to play.

With a read of the rules, a good teaching session, and a few practice
games, you might even win the tournament! =^>

--
Elliott C. "Eeyore" Evans
eeyore@xxxxxxxx