Re: [Icehouse] possible custom volcano boards?

  • From"Elliott C. Evans" <eeyore@xxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 18 Sep 2007 12:59:15 -0700 (PDT)
Scotto wrote:
> Alternately, you could contact Kadon - they may do a
> custom one for you... I believe that they did Andy's
> special 3x4.

If we're going to discuss viable alternatives for one-off
manufacturing, let's not overlook the DIY approach.

You can purchase 1/8" square basswood sticks and plywood
at the craft store, and assemble any size grid you'd like
with plain old white glue.

If plastic is more your speed, buy 1/8" square plastic
rod at the hobby shop along with some styrene sheet and
model glue. If you want a clear base, buy a small piece
of plexiglas at a framing or hardware store.

I made a pile of Volcano boards, and believe me that a
3x3 or 3x4 wooden board would only cost a few bucks for
materials and only take an hour or two to make.

--
Elliott C. "Eeyore" Evans
eeyore@xxxxxxxx