RE: [Icehouse] IGDC Winter 2008 is ready for announcement tomorrow!

  • DateWed, 31 Oct 2007 09:46:48 -0700
OK, folks... I have announced via the wiki and the gaming groups at
which I am a member.

Please... get out the word. SuperDuperGames, BGG, etc... those of you
active there, please announce for me.

Local gaming groups, local stores, etc: please announce (perhaps a
printout of the IGDC page, sans sidebar?).

I have sent the following, if you want to copy it or re-purpose it:
----
Hi, folks;

The Winter 2008 IGDC has been announced as of today.

Request for submissions has begun and will continue until December 22nd,
when the submissions are announced and judging begins. Refer to this
page for full details:
http://icehousegames.org/wiki/index.php?title=IGDC

This time around, we're trying something different: there's a design
restriction for all games. A valid game must require two Treehouse sets,
of either color spectrum or using one of each spectrum (Rainbow or
Xeno). This restriction should help fill out the "2HOUSE" games on the
wiki, which will be a boon to Looney Labs' ability to promote gradual
adoption of Treehouse (buying sets one at a time until a full ten-stash
collection is complete).

Hope to see some new games from some of you or, at the least, rankings
of these games, come winter. Being "2HOUSE" means that anyone with $20
can get started on their Icehouse collection with some solid new games
(and don't forget: there's already about 50 games that use one or two
sets--a better gaming deal than any other product on the market, IMO)!

Thanks for your attention;
David Artman
IGDC Coordinator, Winter 2008
----

Designers: get to thinking! (Judges: Hold your horses for another month
and a half or so--I'll re-announce.)

Thank, all;
David