Re: [Icehouse] Lost Martian Pyramid Found!

  • FromDale Newfield <Dale@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 27 Nov 2007 20:53:40 -0500
Marc Hartstein wrote:
Very nifty artifact, but it's clear from the images provided and the
description that this pyramid is different from our Martian pyramids.

Even more than you mention: Instead of a single flat bottom there's an extra facet for each of the three sides, which results in a smaller bottom facet than you would otherwise expect. So there's really 7 "sides" to the Kir'Shara. (But since I'd only seen the first of the two episodes including it I didn't know any of that when I originally posted about it. :-)

Perhaps this Kir'Shara was created by an ancient group of Martians which
split off from the main society due to a religious disagreement over the
number of sides a pyramid should have, and went off to become the
Vulcans?

That must be it.  I'm surprised that there aren't more red-headed Vulcans.

-Dale