[Icehouse] Re: 2HOUSE or not 2HOUSE

  • From"Jeff Wolfe" <jwolfe@xxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 3 Jan 2008 01:41:45 -0500
Problems with a restriction are one of the reasons why I would like to see
all design-restricted competitions followed by open competitions.  I
understand the compelled-to-design mentality some people have, but I know
others work best under a deadline--even an arbitrary one for a design
competition with no real prize.  If someone has an interesting idea that
doesn't fit the current restriction, they're more likely to keep it in mind
for the next time if they know it will be appropriate for the next time.
Otherwise, they might just discard it in an effort to come up with a design
that does fit the restriction.

- Jeff