Re: [Icehouse] New Game: Virus Fight

  • From"Jorge Arroyo" <trozo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 8 Jan 2008 23:36:10 +0100
Good question. I think the most logical solution is that you don't get to place any new piece, but you have to move your counter as usual to end your turn. I don't think the player should be penalized or anything... There are a few other cases where an instruction  cannot be executed,  although the ones I can think of right now all mean you lose the game. For example: sitting on a lonely move, erase or jump (if there is only one other block and it's the one occupied by your opponent) piece. In fact this last case came up in our last game. By merging the only unoccupied block with my own, I left my girlfriend which had her counter on a lonely jump piece, with no place to jump (you can only jump to pieces from your own active block or to unoccupied blocks).

Of course, if your instruction counter is on a lonely write instruction, then you lose the game, because you cannot move your counter at the end of your turn.

BTW, you know you can use the capture pieces in future move instructions, right?

I'll add the answer to the talk page too, just in case.

Cheers, and thanks for trying the game out

-Jorge

On Jan 8, 2008 11:07 PM, Doug Orleans < dougorleans@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Jorge Arroyo writes:
 > A 2HOUSE game I'm working on with a programming theme. Feedback and
 > suggestions are welcomed. Here's the link to the game's page on the wiki:
 >
 > http://www.icehousegames.org/wiki/index.php?title=Virus_Fight

I have a minor rules question, and I thought I'd ask it here rather
than the talk page so that other IGDC judges would be more likely to
see the answer:

When your program counter is on a Write instruction, and you have no
spare instructions to place onto the board, what happens?

--dougorleans@xxxxxxxxx