Re: [Icehouse] Another Gentle Reminder: Summer IGDC

  • FromDale Sheldon <dales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 4 Jun 2008 21:26:03 -0400 (EDT)
On Sun, 25 May 2008, Jorge Arroyo wrote:

I hate to bring this issue up again, but will you implement some of the
restrictions based on feedback to enter the contest? As I remember from the
discussion many people agreed that forcing the designers to offer a short
paragraph (3-5 lines) of feedback for each game in the contest was the way
to go.

I've inserted a line to this effect in the Judging section of the igdc page:

"Judges are encouraged, but not required to include feedback on the games along with their ballots. Public "table talk" about the submissions while judging is open is discouraged; on the other hand, a month is a long time to hold on to all your thoughts. Including your feedback with your ballot ensures it won't be lost or forgotten. The Coordinator will publish all submitted feedback after judging has concluded."

I think that follows the consensus from the previous discussion well, but I'm open to discussion on adjusting the wording.

Just two and a half weeks to go folks, and I haven't gotten a lot of submissions yet! I've seen plenty of activity on the wiki, so I hope it's just because you're all waiting until the last possible moment.

--
Dale Sheldon
IGDC.Coordinator@xxxxxxxxx