[Icehouse] IGDC Summer '08: Wiki Broken; Entrants Still Due by MIDNIGHT Eastern TONIGHT!

  • FromDale Sheldon <dales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 20 Jun 2008 11:09:07 -0400 (EDT)
The deadline for entries to the Summer '08 IGDC is TONIGHT, at midnight eastern time!

The bad news: login (and by extension, edit) on the icehousegames wiki, has been broken since Monday.

In the interest of fairness and adherance to the original deadline, I've informed all the prospective-entrants that have contacted me with wiki problems, to email me (igdc.coordinator@xxxxxxxxx) the FULL TEXT of their rules write up if there is currently no page on the wiki for it, or any last-minute EDITS they wanted to make to an existing page but were unable to do before submitting their entry. I will personally put these changes up on the wiki before launching the contest.

Once login is fixed (I hope soon!), I will make the changes I've mentioned above and insert the usual "Do Not Edit! Contest in Progress!" box on all entrants; this means entrants who submitted by email will not be able to edit their pages, so make sure that whatever you email me is as simple to just drop-in as possible (if I just have to cut-n-paste, that's probably best, but I will do my best to make sure there's some reasonable markup in there too; but the easier you make this for me, the more likely I'll do it the way you intended it.)

Assuming the wiki is fixed sometime resonably soon, the start of judging will be delayed until login is fixed and I can make these changes.

Judging will conclude four weeks from the day it begins, at midnight (if it starts on, for example, Tuesday June 24th, it will end at midnight on Tuesday, July 22nd.)

If a week goes by and the wiki is still down... we'll think of something.

--
Dale Sheldon
IGDC.Coordinator@xxxxxxxxx