Re: [Icehouse] How do you store?

  • FromNick Lamicela <nupanick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 4 Mar 2009 23:19:41 -0500
Currently I have an old metal cookie box which I have shaped a duct-tape bag around (sticky sides together so I can get the box back out) and I have added a shoulder strap to my duct-tape case. My Rainbow pyramids are in plastic tubes and my Xeno pyramids are in slightly thinner paper ones, and if I alternate tube types I can just fit 10 tubes in the box with a little space on the end for a cloth bag labeled "Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans" (from Jelly Belly, best muggle equivalent I know of) containing a mix of go stones and pennies for Zendo stones or tokens. I currently only have 8 tubes in it (because my FLGS ran out of Rainbow Treehouse and I'm still waiting to get my 5th). I have expirimented with the new LooneyBins and I can fit 4 of them in my box. If I pack 3 stashes into each one that means I can hold 12 packed stashes, but they'll be really inconvenient to get out. Since some of my tubes broke a while ago, I actually have two stashes in the Pink Treehouse box (which is in my card game bag). I store my Xeno colors in mono stashes and my Rainbow colors in mixed stashes.

I had seen a mono display once when I was little but by the next time I discovered Icehouse the mono stashes were almost gone so I got all my pyramids in treehouse sets. Orange and Cyan are two of my favorite colors so I got Xeno first (that made my first game of Homeworlds a bit tricky), I think I bought my first stash by mail order from the LL website and then bought most of them one or two at a time from my FLGS. I currently have 6 Xeno Stashes minus one small clear (the 6th stash is for spares since I lose the clears a lot and never got back one of the smalls), 4 Rainbow Stashes, volcano caps, and Pink Treehouse.

I can fit more pyramids in one LooneyBin than in two tubes, and the bins are more efficient spacewise, but I tend to get all my stuff pulled out and later realize I'm in the way, so I'm going with the tubes because I can pack them faster. I love the boxes though and I may stuff a Binary Homeworlds worth of pyramids into one to save space. The leftover boxes will likely be used to store various accessories, like Treehouse Dice and volcano caps.

~nupanick (or other appropriate name)

Guvf VF zl jvggl fvtangher.