Re: [Icehouse] Opinions solicited concerning the paradigm shift.

  • FromS Myers <iamthecheeze@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 4 Mar 2009 18:55:20 -0500
Random anecdote which is vaguely related:  I went to buy a new compact
digital camera, recently.  The store had an assortment of cameras, of
course, and the one which I fFinally settled on was available in a
number of colors.  I think the colors were silver, blue, orange, and
pink.  Now, I'm not all that picky on the color of the camera, but if
someone offers me a choice, I'm likely to pick something lovely over
something dull.  I asked if there was any differences other than the
color.  I was summarily informed that the pink cameras were more
expensive.  The only reason fFor this is supply and demand.  The store
was asking more fFor the pink camera, simply because they could.

Getting a little off topic, I have a small collection of bizarre items
which have no business being pink, but are marketed as Special Pink
Girly versions of otherwise normal products.  Among the weirder things
in my Exhibit of The Needlessly Pink are ear-plugs, whose packaging
entreats you to "Sleep Pretty."  I am told some company has made Pink
and Girly Shotgun shells, but this is unverified.

(No, I don't include the Pink Pyramids in the Exhibit of The
Needlessly Pink.  Pink is a perfectly cromulent color to have as a set
of playing pieces.  They are attractive, and quite nice.)