Re: [Icehouse] EASIEST GAME EVER?

  • FromDenis Moskowitz <dmm@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 10 Mar 2009 09:49:52 -0400 (EDT)
By my calculations this game has only 1680 board positions, or 3360 when
you take whose turn it is into account.  I'm pretty sure it could be
solved mathematically - that is, a full tree of moves could be
calculated and an optimal strategy could be planned out.  (My guess is
that it's a win for the first player.)

Rules ambiguity - what happens when you can't move at all?  For
instance, if the board is as follows and it's X's turn:

XO.
XO.
XO.

And does "any direction" include diagonals?

--
Denis M Moskowitz            Jen feroca malbona kuniklo; rigardu liajn
dmm@xxxxxxxxxxx              sovagxajn vangharojn, kaj liajn ungojn kaj