Re: [Icehouse] Zendo rules

  • FromJoshua Kronengold <mneme@xxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 10 Mar 2009 10:17:29 -0500
Christopher Hickman writes:
>On Mar 9, 2009, at 8:57 PM, Doug Orleans wrote:
>> Playing With Pyramids says in multiple places that a koan has one or
>> more pyramids.  The null koan is an obvious variant that lots of
>> people allow, but I prefer to disallow it because of the ambiguity of
>> rules like "contains only grounded pyramids".
>Could somebody explain the ambiguity of this rule in relation to the
>null koan?

There isn't any.  It's clearly true for the null koan.

>Clearly the null koan doesn't contain any pyramids, let
>alone only grounded ones.  How could anyone think this could be marked
>anything but no?

It's obvious.   "contains only grounded pyramids" means "contains
nothing -but- grounded pyramids" a koan that contains nothing clearly
contains that is not a grounded pyramid.

Regardless, I never play with the null koan, because it's expressly
disallowed in the rules and Kory doesn't like it (and I don't think it
adds much to the game).

--
       Joshua Kronengold (mneme@(io.com, labcats.org)) |\      _,,,--,,_  ,)
--^--   "Did you know, if you increment enough, you   /,`.-'`'   -,  ;-;;'