Re: [Icehouse] Homeworlds

  • From"David L. Willson" <DLWillson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 9 Apr 2009 13:10:29 -0600 (MDT)
I can't wait to see your video!  I think it will be really important to maintain tight control over phrasing.  So far, I've had complaints over rules confusion every single time I've taught the game.  With that on my resume, let me show the phrasing I will use the next time I teach the game.

On your turn you may take one free action, sacrifice a ship, or decline to take any action.  At the end of your turn, you may call for catastrophe.

If you take one ship action for free, the activated ship may use it's own ability, or the ability of any other ship you have in the same star system, or the ability of any star in the star system.

If you sacrifice a ship, you may use it's innate ability at any of your remaining ships.  You may do this once for each pip (or point of size) the sacrificed ship had.

At the end of your turn, you may call for a catastrophe in any star system which contains four or more pyramids (ships and stars) of the same color.  All ships and stars of that color are returned to the bank.  If at least one star remains in the system, all other pyramids (ships or stars) are unaffected.  If all the system's stars were destroyed by the catastrophe, any remaining ships in the system will also be "lost/destroyed" and returned to the bank.

David L. Willson
Trainer, Engineer, Enthusiast
MCT, MCSE, Linux+
tel://720.333.LANS
Freeing people from the tyranny (or whatevery) of Microsofty-ness, one at a time.