Re: [Icehouse] Homeworlds

  • FromHarold Tessmann III <macmog@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 09 Apr 2009 11:12:58 -0400
Joshua Kronengold <mneme@xxxxxx> typed something resembling:

David L. Willson writes:

Sinister Homeworlds:  If the rule is "you win when you destroy the
nation to your left", and I kill the player across the table, does
the player to my left win the game?  If he doesn't win immediately,

He didn't kill the nation to his left, so he doesn't win.  If he kills
the nation which is now to his left, however, he wins.

So it's more or less "starting over", except, one hopes, that the
nation you killed made some progress in that direction.

Hmm. It seems like players should then attempt to finish off someone in a weak position, even if it won't give them the win, just to prevent the person to that player's right from scoring the kill. Has anybody seen that in practice?

Harold