Re: [Icehouse] three-valued Zendo, was nullity in Zendo, represent it, or stop allowing it, was "Zendo rules", which it does

  • FromBrian McCue <brianmccue22312@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateSun, 10 May 2009 19:07:23 -0700 (PDT)
--- On Tue, 3/10/09, Dale Sheldon <dales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Okay, so, if you split everything on logical opperators,
> and you get... what?  Half of them?  At least one?  All but
> one?  Then you get mu?  Are adjectives broken off by
> "ands" (meaning should "large red pyramid" be read "a pyramid exists AND it is large
> AND it is red"?)

I think that if one is going to play three-valued Zendo, the right thing to do would be to go all the way to Post's three-valued logic, in which True, False, And, Or, and Not were replaced by three values, and (IIRC--it has been over thirty years since I studied this) three conjunctions and maybe two operators (i.e., three things analgous to And and Or, and two things analogous to NOT).

Again, it has been a long while, but I think I know where I put the book ...

Brian

Maybe somebody else remembers this better than I do,