Re: [Icehouse] 1HOUSE Martian Chess

  • From"Ryan Hackel" <deeplogic@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 28 Jul 2009 15:03:37 -0400
Question 1) Why did I use two colors when MC is colorless? Because my brain was stuck on two-color mode when I wrote the wikicode for the setup. You are right; color is arbitrary in MC.

Question 2) What was the original setup? Think like Battleship.... larges on A1, B1, B6 and C6. Mediums on C1, C2, A5, and A6. Smalls on A2, B2, B5, and C5. There could be better variations on this.

Question 3) Will i add an MCC section to the wiki? No plans yet, but if I did it would be as a subheading on the Martian Chess page.

There's a game on the IceWiki called Coaster Chess that got me thinking about MMC. That uses more stashes and all four coasters, so it's not 1HOUSE friendly, but is less likely to be mathematically solvable.

---Ryan

-----Original Message-----
From: "David Artman" [david.artman@xxxxxxxxx]
Date: 07/28/2009 12:36 PM
To: "Icehouse Discussion List" <icehouse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Icehouse] 1HOUSE Martian Chess

On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 11:52 AM, Ryan Hackel <deeplogic@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
It occurred to me that Martian Chess could be played with a Treehouse set and two Martian coasters. To playtest this, Ive set up a game in progress on my wiki page sandbox:

http://icehousegames.org/wiki/index.php?title=User:Cerulean/Sandbox#Micro-Martian_Chess
Cool idea--a couple of questions:
* Why did you use two different colors, when MC is colorless?
* What was the original setup?
* Will you be putting up a variation MC page for "Micro Martian Coasters"?

Let us know how it plays; hopefully, it doesnt have a perfect solution (I worry, with so few pieces and squares).

David

   Voice Talent
Find the right voice for your project by clicking here!
Click Here For More Information