Re: [Icehouse] What Tarot Deck do you like for Gnostica?

  • FromTheLoneGoldfish <thelonegoldfish@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 12 Oct 2009 13:27:49 -0700
I absolutely love the housewives' tarot for gnostica.

http://www.amazon.com/Housewives-tarot-Domestic-Divination-Instruction/dp/1931686998

The four suits are color coded (red for swords, blue for cups, green
for pentacles, and brown/yellow for rods)... which makes playing very
intuitive... oh, and the border for the major arcana is black. And I
love the art on this deck.

A cheaper color coded deck can be found on the impulse buy racks at
bookstores next to the mini zen gardens and such... Swords are yellow
and rods are red in this, so my friends don't really like it all that
much.

Still... the deck's size makes it easier to fit into travel bags and things...

Just looked up the name... it's called "Tarot the complete kit"

http://www.amazon.com/Tarot-Complete-Kit-Miniature-Editions/dp/0762413824/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1255379158&sr=1-1

Not much cheaper on amazon... but you can get one used for a penny. :P

Hope that helps... (I played 2 player Gnostica on the housewives' deck
for a summer over lunches with a co-worker)