[Icehouse] Martian Chess Tiebreaker?

  • Fromgyakusetsu <gyakusetsu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 10 Nov 2009 10:31:29 -0500
Sorry if I missed a discussion on this anywhere, but I am wondering if anybody has chosen a preferred way to break ties in Martian Chess? With more advanced players, it seems very easy to end in a tied game, where one cannot get an edge over the other without making a mistake.

Have any of you resolved this with a house rule?

For two player, the person who makes the final move and empties his/her quadrant could be considered the winner. It also seems the tie is more likely in 2-player games, so this handles _many_ but not all cases.

Any other ideas?